There might be plenty of audio editors and recorders hanging everywhere near us but discovering the appropriate tool that conforms to all your requirements might be a tedious or cumbersome task. You require finding the editor which is effectual in working and is easier to use and Audacity is such a software application that has flagged its place with a wide variety of features and utmost ease whilst using. Audacity, in addition to editing audio, might as well record the live sessions.
Audacity comes with a pretty clean user interface comprising a whole lot of features. It comprises rich toolbars using which you may get access to an audio recording or editing operation much easier. Audacity might function on virtually every single audio file formats. It might export and import them in an easy manner. Several channels might as well be recorded in one fell swoop. The sound editing might be performed by modest operations such as cut/copy/paste etc.
Sound or audio editing comes with several rich options such as high/low pass filters, noise processing, fade in and fade out etc. Innovative audio analysis centered on Fourier transformation might also be achieved. Spectrogram may be utilized for picturing frequencies.
Convincingly we might also assert that Audacity is a pretty valuable and commanding audio editor and sound recorder that might be used for crafting certain spectacular audio contents.
Audacity for Windows – Features
- Allows you to record live audio
- Transform tapes or records into compact discs or digital recordings
- Modify MP3, Ogg Vorbis, and WAV audio files
- Alter the pitch or speed of an audio recording
- Cut, copy, merge and mix audio files together
- Export or Import AIFF, WAV, Ogg Vorbis files, and AU
- Import the MPEG sound (counting MP2 and MP3 audio files) using libmad
- Export MP3s through the open LAME MP3 encoder library
- Make AIFF or WAV files appropriate for burning to CD
- Export and Import every single file formats backed by libsndfile
- Open up the raw (headerless) sound files
Audacity provides the user with all the common editing tasks. In addition, it is going to mix the audio tracks and allows you to apply the plug-in sound effects to that portion or segment of the audio file where you need it. Furthermore, Audacity comes with the inbuilt amplitude envelope editor, which is an adaptable spectrogram approach and a window for frequency analysis for the audio analysis software applications.
Audacity Download for Windows – Technical Setup
- Name of the Software: Audacity 2.0.5
- Name of Setup File: audacity-win-2.0.5.exe
- Size of Installation File: 21.2 MB
- Kind of Setup: Complete Standalone Setup/ Offline Installer
- Compatibility: 32 Bit (x86) / 64 Bit (x64)
- Developers: AudaCity
Audacity for Windows – System Requirements
Prior to beginning the AudaCity Free Download for Windows, ensure that your desktop or PC or laptop conforms to the minimum system requirements.
- Operating System: Windows XP/Vista/7/8
- Hard Disk Space Required: 500MB
- Memory (RAM) Required: 512MB of RAM
- Processor: a 1GHz processor or above
Audacity Download for Windows
You may download the complete offline installer along with the standalone setup for Audacity. This installer is going to be compatible with both 64 and 32-bit windows.